The Government of Australia provides several visa options to enable other Family members of Australians to join them in Australia. These include:
Family Visas:As with all visas applicants must meet eligibility criteria:
- Parent Visa Permanent residence visa options for parents.
- Temporary Parent visa Temporary residence visa options for parents.
- Aged Dependent Relative visa Permanent residence visa options for an Aged relative that is Dependent upon their sponsor to meet their basic needs. Note that the relative in Australia must be a child, parent, brother or sister, grandchild, uncle or aunt, niece or nephew (or step-relative equivalent) of the visa applicant. NB: significant processing times.
- Child visa Permanent residence visa option for Dependent Children of Australians (NB: where not otherwise eligible for Citizenship).
- Spouse or Partner visas Temporary and Permanent residence visa options for Spouses or De Facto partners, including same sex couples.
- Remaining Relative visa Permanent residence visa options. A remaining relative is a person who, together with their partner, has no near relatives living outside Australia and is the brother, sister, child or step equivalent of an Australian. NB: significant processing times.
- Carer visa Permanent residence visa option for Individual who is willing and able to provide substantial and continuing assistance to an Australian relative (or member of their family unit). An Australian relative may be the partner of the person, their child, parent, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or step equivalent.
All the above options have specific selection criteria that must be met. In some cases an 'Assurance of Support' may be required from the sponsoring Australian. Some of the above options are subject to quotas and capping and may have significant processing times and therefore depending upon an individual's circumstances it may be appropriate to consider the approach to application.